Friday, November 7, 2008

I've got a bad code...


Let me clarify my title. I'm not having IT issues. Only health issues. I woke up the other morning with a runny nose and its blossomed into a bucketful of other symptoms. I'm achey, tired, congested, nasally, and I feel I'm approaching helplessness to that of a newborn kitten. (to all you 'dog people' out there, insert the word puppy) I have to blow my nose every fifteen minutes and I'm surprised, and at times concerned, with the colour spectrum I'm witnessing as a result. I'm hoping by Sunday to be as right as a MENSA member, at least physically. But enough about what ails me.

I've gone and done it, I have bought the ring. As per my last blog, I wanted to go back to one of the jewelry stores I had visited earlier to see their selection. It was a good decision as I found the ring that meets my requirements and will hopefully please, 'the Gal'. Yes, I've decided I will refer to my lady love as 'the Gal' from here on in. All names are with-held at this point to preserve anonymity. The likelihood of anyone alerting 'the Gal' to my intentions are slim ,considering the size of the blogosphere, but I do not wish to take chances.

I found the ring to which I will make my proposal at W.K. Chan Jewelers. The saleslady from the store remembered me and appreciated the fact that I had returned once again to view rings in a different price range. The ring has a beautiful yellow gold band in a white gold setting. The diamond is a round solitaire and .57 carats of bluish brilliance. It is a Polar Bear Diamond extracted in the NorthWest Territories, cut and polished in Canada. The lighting in these stores is focused to highlight the jewelry to their advantage, and it does so to great effect. Without a word from myself, the saleslady made a phone call to discuss the selling price with her manager. It felt like Deal or No Deal when Howie Mandel makes his call to 'the guy upstairs'. She negotiated a price where I was able to buy the ring for a couple of hundred dollars less than the asking, including taxes. I appreciated that very much. Excellent customer service.

My anticipation of Christmas is very high this year. As someone once said, "It is better to give, than to receive."


No comments: