Saturday, April 3, 2010

One Year To Remember


I might be getting ahead of myself as the school year is not quite finished (three weeks to go), but this weekend marks a ceremony of a different sort. April 4, 2010, will mark one year of marriage for myself and Heidi.

The year has flown by so fast I should have been awarded Air Miles. Just a few weeks before I was accepted into Creative Communications, I asked Heidi to marry me. After four short months of marriage, I entered Red River College. I didn't know how much at odds these two things would be at times, and many times its felt like I've had to satisfy two partners (no, that's not meant to be a pun).

I've enjoyed myself immensely at the college (classmates and instructors; you're all awesome), but I'm glad that I will have more time for my "real marriage" and give back some of the time that is owed. I've done what I could to succeed in school, now my focus shall soon change to Heidi and my home life.

I love my wife and I hope the best for us in the future; for my next school year and for all the years we shall spend together to come.

Happy Anniversary sweetheart, it's you that I truly love.

2 comments:

Cyn said...

I forgot about your anniversary! I can't believe the time has gone by so quickly! Happy Anniversary!

Shelley Cook said...

Wow, what a nice post! (I didn't know you were a newlywed!)

Knowing this program, I must say that Heidi is a patient and strong woman for being able to endure it as a CreComm wife! -- I think there should be a support group for the husbands, wives, boyfriends and girlfriends of CreCommers...this program is probably just as tough on them!

Happy Anniversary Heidi and Greg!