Tuesday, February 8, 2011

1958: Two Pet Hamsters


There are times in CreComm that the workload is overwhelming, but I always manage to get it done. Certain projects come along though that don't feel like they'll be work at all.

In a few short days I will have the pleasure of filming Al Simmons, children's entertainer, for my TV Documentary Production class at Red River College. I will be recording a couple of Al's performances during an upcoming festival, and through the film I hope to gain some insight into his 40 year career.

My wife and I saw one of Al's performances a year ago in Winnipeg and we thoroughly enjoyed his blend of whimsy, fun, and cleverness.

I will film Al as much as possible and this weekend he has invited me out to film at his home. Al has been excited about my project from the very start and I think he will be very fun to work with. Through our phone conversations and emails he's been a very friendly and helpful guy.

Our class only received this assignment last week, so I'm glad that its off to a strong start. My finished project isn't due until April, so I'll have lots of time to edit; which could be hard. As this is a short documentary, there is the potential that a lot of my footage won't be used.

Darn...

No comments: