Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Future Is Nine Weeks Away

On April 29, 2011, I will have officially completed the Creative Communications program at Red River College. This date is only about nine weeks away, and I can't believe how excited I am for it to arrive.

I love my days at RRC, but my career awaits!

I met several people today while I filmed in a downtown firm that reminded me of how much I needed a change from what I had been doing a few years ago. These people genuinely looked happy in their careers–the way every person should be. The job I left several years ago to attend college barely got me out of bed in the morning, and it was ruining my body. I was reminded that it is truly a gift to find something you enjoy and are committed to each morning you wake up.

In the next few weeks I will be in the final push to complete my major assignments. My experiences at the college will soon be over. I already know it's going to be an emotional time, but all good things must come to an end. I've accomplished so much in the last two years, and I have a lot to be proud of. I am convinced its made me a better person.

In the least, its corrected my grammer (grammar, kidding).

The entire experience has reflected a mirror on my own potential. I will leave RRC with more confidence in my ability than I have had in my entire life. The most valuable lesson college has taught me is this;

You're never too old to learn if you're willing to learn.

1 comment:

Jasmine Tara said...

Aw! great post greg :) The last day will be truly emotional and Im scared/excited for school to be over. I have become so comfortable as a student. grammer! hahaha.