Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Limits of Time and Space

I am Canadian. No, I am not revisiting a popular slogan for a brand of beer, but many common things come to mind when my country is referenced.

A small sampling:
-friendly people
-free health care
-abundant fresh water
-hockey
-snow
-lots of open spaces

Unless you are a total urbanite, you're likely aware of the amount of elbow room many Candians have in comparison to other parts of the world. If you were born on the Prairies like myself, it's easy to take for granted how much space we have to live. I haven't been outside of my country much at all – a few trips to the U.S. , a honeymoon in Cuba – so I am amazed to see how people adapt to their surroundings in less-developed parts of the world compared to my own.

It was much to my amazement then when I came across this video from a Bangkok, Thailand food market. I couldn't have thought of a better title to introduce it.



The next time I feel claustrophobic in the grocery aisle, I'll have to remember how easy it is for me to buy "my daily bread" without the threat of being dismembered.

No comments: