Saturday, April 2, 2011

Shutterbug Inspiration



Whether it's an opinion, strategy, or frame-of-mind, perspective is everything. This is probably why I enjoy the photography class I have been in since January. As I've viewed my surroundings through the lens, I've been able to choose what the eye of the beholder sees.

I couldn't resist buying my own DSLR once I began to appreciate the difference that a good quality camera can make, and the results I've had so far are amazing. Sure, there are higher quality cameras out there, but for a novice shooter like myself, my Rebel T1i is light years ahead of my five-year-old Canon PowerShot. It's still a good little camera though.

Our class has the opportunity of using a controlled studio space as well. Here, our instructor shows us the finer points of light direction and controlling the amount of flash that appears as we take our shots. I can't believe how much I've learned about aperture setting, shutter-speed, and focal length in the past few months. These are terms I've heard in passing, but now I actually understand what they mean.

All of this led me to create my very own Flickr account a few weeks ago. I realized I have a lot of pictures to share and there is such a large community of photographers on the web. So far, I've just posted a few shots from various travels I've made. The photos were taken with my trusty little PowerShot, but soon I will post new photos taken with my DSLR.

I hope you enjoy them!

1 comment:

Heather O. said...

Cats are so photogenic. Great picture!